Top Five Place To Study This STUVAC That AREN'T Fisher Library
WORDS BY JACK FOSTER
With STUVAC fast approaching, I have decided to present to you a guide to the TOP FIVE places to study this exam season — apart from our beloved Fisher Library.
5. Coming in at number five is the lesser known, quiet and quaint Schaeffer Fine Arts Library. Situated just up the road from Manning Bar, the Fine Arts library is a niche study environment. If you are someone who needs absolute silence to study, then this is the library for you. Do not dare bring any food or drink in because the librarians will death stare the hell out of you.
4. Next up we have Courtyard Café. Better known for its Reuben sandwiches and gossip sessions, Courtyard offers a relaxed study environment. And by relaxed I mean you’ll get absolutely nothing done. So, relax and accept your fate – grab a chai latte, curate your perfect Instagram post and just T H R I V E.
3. The Quadrangle provides the aesthetically pleasing backdrop of lush green grass, a baby Jacaranda tree and divine sandstone. This is the study session you have been dreaming of since your HSC. Grab a spot of wall to sit on and study until your heart’s content. Or at least until you develop hypothermia. On second thoughts, maybe just drop by for an Instagram story then head to somewhere warm.
2. The University of Sydney’s Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library is a magnificent study environment. Known by its regulars as the Lawbry, this place will give you the motivation you need to sit through the 13 weeks’ worth of lectures you told yourself you’d listen to but never did. Often confused with the R.M. Williams’ flagship store, Lawbry is the best place to spend 8 hours a day, only to leave with 100 more words of your overdue essay done. And if study just isn’t for you, come anyway and woo your future lawyer-wife or husband over a Taste piccolo and chocolate croissant.
1. And finally taking out the top spot is – literally anywhere else!
Now stop reading this ridiculous article and go study!